All suspects are presumed innocent until determined guilty in court.
2017 Arkansas Code
Title 5 – Criminal Offenses
Subtitle 3 – Offenses Involving Families, Dependents, Etc.
Chapter 27 – Offenses Against Children or Incompetents
Subchapter 6 – Computer Crimes Against Minors
§ 5-27-602. Distributing, possessing, or viewing of matter depicting sexually explicit conduct involving a child
- (a) A person commits distributing, possessing, or viewing of matter depicting sexually explicit conduct involving a child if the person knowingly:
- (1) Receives for the purpose of selling or knowingly sells, procures, manufactures, gives, provides, lends, trades, mails, delivers, transfers, publishes, distributes, circulates, disseminates, presents, exhibits, advertises, offers, or agrees to offer through any means, including the Internet, any photograph, film, videotape, computer program or file, video game, or any other reproduction or reconstruction that depicts a child or incorporates the image of a child engaging in sexually explicit conduct; or
- (2) Possesses or views through any means, including on the Internet, any photograph, film, videotape, computer program or file, computer-generated image, video game, or any other reproduction that depicts a child or incorporates the image of a child engaging in sexually explicit conduct.
- (b) Distributing, possessing, or viewing of matter depicting sexually explicit conduct involving a child is a:
- (1) Class C felony for the first offense; and
- (2) Class B felony for any subsequent offense.
- (c) It is an affirmative defense to a prosecution under this section that the defendant in good faith reasonably believed that the person depicted in the matter was seventeen (17) years of age or older.
Hot Springs Police Detective Fallis received a CyberTipLine Report last October from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children alleging that sexually explicit pictures of a young female were uploaded to a phone belonging to Alejandro Scott Aurioles, 30, of Whittington Avenue in Hot Springs.
On December 21, 2018, Mr. Aurioles was arrested on Blacksnake Road in Garland County on unrelated charges and transported to HSPD HQ for interview. He was asked about the pics of the naked, underage female. He allegedly admitted to downloading/uploading these pics and other similar pics. He allegedly told the detective that he would sell them to other people because he needed money.
Mr. Aurioles was arrested again and transported to the Garland County Detention Center for processing. He is charged with Felony Distributing, Possessing or viewing of matter depicting sexually explicit conduct involving a child with a bond of $50,000.