Arkansas 911 News

Shots Fired During SWAT Operation At Mobile Home Park; Arrest – HOT SPRINGS

When will I get my tax refund?

All suspects are presumed innocent until determined guilty in court.

Hot Springs Police had been called to Timbercrest Mobile Home Park a couple of times in the last couple of days in reference to complaints about the Trailer Park Manager/Owner John David Barron, 57 of Hot Springs, being disorderly, possibly making threats and the like.  On 7/9/2018 in the morning, Mr. Barron was arrested, taken to jail and charged with Disorderly Conduct.  On 7/9/2018 around 7PM, HSPD Officers were again dispatched to the trailer park to investigate alleged threats and such.  The suspect named during this new complaint was again, Mr. Barron.

John David Barron, 57 of Hot Springs – allegedly followed threats of violence by shooting at HSPD Officers

HSPD Patrol Officers that arrived on scene became aware that Mr. Barron was allegedly in possession of a rifle and a pistol.  The officers tried to make contact with him.  He allegedly came outside, threatened to shoot officers “in the eye”, cussed them out, made them nervous, taunted them with the guns and absolutely refused to cooperate on any level.

The patrol squad realized that this would need to be ‘dealt with’ rather than ‘handled’.  They backed off and held positions where they could observe what he was doing without having to engage the uncooperative and armed suspect.  The HSPD Boss activated the SWAT Team.

Gunfire from the trailer park was heard just prior to the arrival of HSPD Command Staff and SWAT Assets.  It is unclear to me just exactly who was shooting at what.  I heard different caliber rounds going off that may have even included fireworks from another location.  Commanders set up the mobile command post nearby and the SWAT Troops brought out the MRAP Vehicle.

Residents were being evacuated from their trailers/campers inside the park and the bowling alley was put on lockdown as precaution.  SWAT wasn’t on scene long before they announced that the suspect was in custody. The details of the arrest are not known to me.

LifeNet had an Ambulance Crew on standby in the area the whole time and called them in to check the suspect.  The decision was made to transport him by ambulance to the emergency room.  After about 45 minutes at the hospital, Mr. Barron was transported to the Garland County Detention Center for processing.  Any possible charges are unknown to me.