Calculate your 2017 Tax Refund.
Some pics shared from the 70 WEST FIRE RESCUE Facebook Page.
70 West Fire & Rescue Troops responded to the call for a house explosion on South Dana Road yesterday.
Once emergency services personnel arrived, it was quickly determined that a large explosion took place, but it was not a house that blew up; it was a concrete storm shelter.
The homeowner had piled old appliances including a microwave oven and other trash in his underground storm shelter. He used an accelerant such as gasoline to get the fire going. The fumes apparently built up in the confined space and the reaction between the fumes and the flame was more or less what amounts to an underground bomb going off. Large pieces of concrete and debris, was thrown around the area and nearby homes reportedly shook.
garland County Sheriff’s Patrol Lieutenant Wolf was in the area and heard the explosion. He said that the sound of the explosion made it clear that something big had blown up. He hurried to the area, found the problem and assisted as necessary.
The person tending to the fire was injured and transported by LifeNet Ambulance to the hospital.
Burning trash is illegal in Arkansas.