Posted by Arkansas 911 News Chief Editor Paul Maddox
Pics provided by 70 West Fire Department
Public Release – 70 WEST FIRE DEPARTMENT
At approximately 9:23 PM 70 West Firefighters received a call for a structure fire with explosion. Many firefighters heard and felt the explosion just prior to the tone, some from as far away as 6 miles.
Upon our arrival, we found a residential shop with extensive damage from an explosion and some of the shop’s contents on fire. Firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the remaining fire.
The shop was unoccupied at the time of incident. There were no injuries.
The overhead door from the stop was blown off of the building in the blast and found over 100 Foot from the structure. There was a field of debris surrounding the shop, metal from the walls was mangled and lying away from the building, and the structural steel frame sustained extensive damage. Insulation was found over 200 foot from the building and was also found in trees surrounding it.
The incident is suspected to be caused by a propane leak inside the shop.