Arkansas 911 News

Alleged: Hit & Run Crash At Huddleston Springs Road..Pole Snapped – GARLAND COUNTY

Need Tax Help? Small Business Accounting? Contact HotSpringsCPA today to get started.

Posted by Arkansas 911 News Chief Editor Paul Maddox

All suspects are presumed innocent until determined guilty in court.

Garland County Sheriff’s Patrol Deputy Helms investigated what I believe to be a single vehicle hit & run crash on Mountain Pine Road at the Huddleston Springs Intersection last night around midnight.

Buy here pay here is the system we use here at Lloyd’s Auto Sales. To put it simply, it allows us to completely eliminate the middleman when it comes time to get you financed for the vehicle you want. No banks, no credit unions, just us. When other dealerships say NO, we say YES. We work for you, not the banks, and we want to get you into a car regardless of your credit situation. We build our loans to fit right into your budget. Lloyd’s Auto Sales wants to help you rebuild your credit. Let us get you financed right here in Hot Springs, where we serve all of Arkansas.

Evidence at the scene suggested that the Northbound SUV exited the right side of the pavement, crossed Huddleston Springs Road and slammed head-on into a utility pole, a stop sign and possibly a fence and other roadside items.  The vehicle came to final rest tilted almost on it’s side. The occupant(s) of the SUV departed the scene before 911 crews arrived.

GCSO Patrol Deputies found an interesting character walking in the area of Clear Creek Road as they were scanning the area and looking for people walking.  The disposition of that person is unknown to me.

Piney Fire & Rescue Troops arrived quickly and were ready to take charge/assist with whatever needed doing, but nobody was at the scene.  So, they maintained a safety watch on the scene.

LifeNet dispatched an Ambulance Crew to the scene.  They arrived quickly, but departed and headed towards Clear Creek Road right after the patrol said they were out with that person they found walking.  Whether they met with the patrol on Clear Creek Road in reference to this crash is unknown to me.

Entergy arrived very quickly and went to work as soon as it was safe to do so.

Traffic flow was interrupted for at least 40 minutes, possibly longer with having to replace the pole.