Arkansas 911 News

ACC/SRT, GCSO & HSPD SWAT Gasses Armed, Wanted Parolee Out Of The House..Chase; Felony Arrest x2 – HOT SPRINGS

Posted by Arkansas 911 News Chief Editor Paul Maddox

Originally posted on February 29, 2020 at 3:45 AM for VIP Members at the private AR911NEWS VIP Facebook Group.  To get your VIP Pass, please CLICK HERE.

All suspects are presumed innocent until determined guilty in court.

Arkansas Community Correction/Special Response Team Members, the Garland County Sheriff’s Criminal Investigations Division and Patrol Divisions and Arkansas State Troopers all arrived at the intersection of Sumer Street and Plain Street yesterday around 3PM to serve absconder parole warrants on Parolee Nathan David Holmes, 33, of Alpine Street in Hot Springs, and Parolee Austin Cole Seals, 26, of Crystal Hill Road of Garland County, who were believed to be at a residence at that intersection.  The suspects were outside when officers arrived, but fled into the house as soon as they realized what was happening.

The officers set a perimeter and attempted to call the suspects out of the house.  They did not know how many total people were in the house.  After about 2 hours of trying to talk them out of the residence over the loudspeaker, the Hot Springs Police SWAT Team was called out to assist.  SWAT Team Members soon began arriving and relieving posts around the perimeter of the house.

HSPD sent their mobile command post and coordinated the operation from it.  At least 2 HSPD K-9 units responded to the scene.  There were probably 35 officers that responded to this situation.  The Hot Springs Fire Department also responded to the scene as a precaution.

The SWAT Team continued attempting to talk them out over the loudspeaker for about another hour and a half or so.  They refused to exit and surrender.  SWAT Team Members donned gas masks and began firing tear gas into the residence.  Approximately 7 rounds of gas was put through the windows of the house before Parolee Seals came out and surrendered.

A short time later, Parolee Holmes began yelling at the police from an upper level of the home.  He was yelling that he couldn’t see, couldn’t breathe and that he didn’t want them to shoot him.  He also said that he was coming out, but needed a few minutes to feel his way down and to the front door.

The SWAT Team waited approximately 15 minutes and fired more tear gas into the house.  After several minutes SWAT Team Members stacked up and moved on the front of the house.  As they made entry, Parolee Holmes got out on the roof, jumped down into the yard and fled north on foot into the security perimeter for the scene.  The foot pursuit went for about a block or so before the parolee wound up on the ground in handcuffs.

LifeNet was called to the scene to meet with Parolee Holmes.  He was making a lot of noise about being unable to breathe, unable to stand up, unable to walk…he had to blow his nose and had some other malaise complaints.  It is unknown to me whether he was transported to the hospital.  If he was transported to the hospital, it was a very short pit stop before being transported to the Garland County Detention Center for processing.

Parolee Holmes is charged with Resisting Arrest, Obstructing Governmental Operations, Fleeing, Carrying Certain Prohibited Weapons, Possession Of An Instrument Of Crime and Felony Parole Violation with a $4,000 bond and a parole hold placed.

Parolee Seals is charged with Felony Parole Violation and is being held with no bond on a parole hold.